Director of UI/UX, January 2017–Present
Senior UI/UX Designer, September 2015–January 2017
Rumble Entertainment, San Mateo, CA.
- Created data outline, wireframes, interactive prototypes, visual style, code-ready scenes, and UI animations for Alliance: Heroes of the Spire.
- Implemented all designs in Unity while defining tools and process.
- Managed and mentored Junior Designers.
- Worked closely with stakeholders to ensure the user experience met product, engineering, and user needs.
Lead UI/UX Designer, July 2014–August 2015
Senior UI/UX Designer, April 2013– July 2014
UI/UX Designer, July 2012–April 2013
GREE International Inc., San Francisco, CA.
- Lead designer on 5 titles.
- Created flows, wireframes, visual frameworks, high-resolution mockups, functional prototypes, animations, icons, and documentation.
- Mentored Junior Designers and others to improve the company’s overall UI and UX capabilities.
- Improved the production pipeline by adopting Sketch, InVision, and Pixate for mockups and prototypes.
- Promoted twice in 3 years with outstanding reviews.
UI Designer, December 2011–July 2012
Loot Drop Inc. San Bruno, CA.
- Lead UI Designer for Ghost Recon Commander, a licensed Ubisoft property.
- Defined the visual style, created UI animations, designed and implemented user interfaces in Flash.
- Optimized the interface to conform to Flash best-practices.
Contract Front-End Developer, May 2011–December 2011
Intuit, Mountain View, CA.
- Wrote clean and organized HTML, CSS, JS (jQuery), and JSP.
- Sole developer and technical contact for the entire healthcare division.
- Responsible for taking projects from mock-ups to the live site.
Flash/HTML Artist, May 2007–November 2008
Goodby, Silverstein, and Partners, San Francisco, CA.
- Worked on hundreds of banners, several HTML e-mail campaigns, a branded myspace page, and 2 Flash microsites for 11 different clients.
- Wrote and edited code in AS2, AS3, HTML and CSS.
- Mastered Flash compression techniques through replacing bitmap images with vector art, reworking images, cutting out alpha pixels with masks, etc.
- Worked in tandem with producers, art directors, vendors, and other developers.
California College of the Arts (CCA)
Oakland & San Francisco, CA.
BFA Illustration, December 2005
Graduate with Distinction
Bay Area Group Showcase – Flatcolor Gallery, July 2010, Seattle, WA
Cigar Box Beauty – Miss Scarlet in the Parlor, May 2010, Los Angeles, CA
Nex Gen – Ronin Gallery, May 2010, Los Angeles, CA
ON DECK V – The Badlander, May 2010, Missoula, MT
Edge of Love – Strychnin Gallery, April 2010, Berlin, Germany
Disgrace & Embrace: Split exhibition with Nate Van Dyke – Doublepunch Gallery, February 2010, San Francisco, CA
We Haven’t Felt This Way In Years – Doublepunch Gallery, November 2009, San Francisco, CA
The Lost Fight – Solo Exhibition – Edo Salon and Gallery, September 2009, San Francisco, CA
I Have the Power! – Doublepunch Gallery, July 2009, San Francisco, CA
Solo Exhibition – Fort Gallery front room, November 2008, Oakland, CA
Lab81 Minus/Plus Toy Show – Various Galleries, September 2008, Toured Several Cities in Italy
More Brains Zombies 2 – Space Gallery, November 2007, San Francisco, CA
Faculty & Alumni Show – CCA Campus, October 2007, San Francisco, CA
Community Virology – Lobot Gallery, June 2007, Oakland, CA
Solo Exhibition – Sound and Fury Records, July 2006, Reno, NV
Osaka University Print Exchange – Osaka University, December 2005, Osaka, Japan
Ghosts and Monsters – Nexus Gallery, February 2005, Berkeley, CA
Sketchbook Show – Boontling Gallery, May 2005, Oakland, CA
Juxtapoz Magazine, March 2008